Hard to believe that it’s May 8, 2020 and we woke up to over 5 cms of snow this morning.
As if this Covid 19 pandemic isn’t depressing enough!!!! I was out shoveling again this morning before I could take the garbage out to the roadside.
Scott & I are really looking forward to the day we can welcome guests back to Glen Echo Cottages. The Ontario Provincial government has decided to extend the state of emergency to May 19, 2020. As we have been deemed a “non-essential service” we are not allowed to open during a state of emergency. We also have to wait until the provincial government OK’s leisure travel in Ontario.
We are thankful that some small businesses have been given the green light to open again and are hopeful that we’ll know soon when we can join that group.
We are preparing for opening and want to do all we can to make the cottages safe for our guests. We’ve already purchased a Health Canada approved disinfectant for use against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).
As soon as we know we’ll let our current registered guests know what date we can open.
Scott & Christine Nelson
Glen Echo Cottages